Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Aspirations

So where do I want to take my writing? What do I see for my future?

Well, that's the thing. There are so many roads to take but the first ones that come to mind are in the realm of:


  1. developing a story for an RPG game (ideally for a console)
  2. setting up a strong foundation for character profiles and the world they inhabit (series of children's' books or novels)
  3. screen writing for television
  4. detailed and descriptive content for creating a lifestyle brand out of my Pink Laughter Kingdom world concept


These are some goals I'd like to accomplish. Right now, goal 1, 2 and 4 take center stage and in that union, 1 and 4 are the biggest targets.

I don't have all of the answers when it comes to how I will accomplish these goals. Like I mentioned before, this is all new territory for me. So I am learning as I go along and finding out how I will organize some of these plans....all the while acclimating to the writing process again.

I keep thinking of the quote, "If you build it, they will come." I certainly think that applies here.

As for Pink Laughter Kingdom, I realize this is going to take awhile. I will need to do a lot of research for referencing. For example, if I am going to talk about the social and political structure of the kingdom, then I need to look around at information on actual social systems of past and present to base this on. The intent is not to completely copy but to get some foundation and to innovate from that point on. This is like building a micronation. So I must think about bartering systems, form of government, currency, flag, rules, laws, principles, colors, culture and much more.

So far, I have the general idea developed for the origins of Pink Laughter Kingdom and I have a few character profiles fleshed out. I have more characters established but they are just in illustrative mode at this point. I need to take time to figure out how to build their profiles so that they fit in the world design plausibly and with other characters that have already been developed.

No comments: